-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero, this blog is PinkyGuerrero, ongoing continuation at blogs Pinky & Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

ignore plug-in

Don't know if you guys take the time to find out what's going on with MS updates, but this morning has been ridiculous, so I finally just looked it up.

Microsoft Security Bulletins For July 2015 - gHacks Tech News
July 2015 Patch Tuesday: Microsoft and Adobe attack Hacking Team zero-days

Meanwhile, how many people fall for these kinds of brain hacks?


My IE crashed at least 2+ years ago, and I haven't been able to update my Java or Adobe properly ever since. A security bulletin saying

MS15-077 is a patch for a vulnerability in the Adobe Type Manager Font Driver, which affects Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, RT and RT 8.1. The Hacking Team detailed a proof-of-concept exploit using this vulnerability which Microsoft said would allow an attacker to install programs; view, change, or delete data; or create new accounts with full user rights.

only makes me laugh because I immediately think Oooohhhh, THAT'S why I keep discovering I have accounts like Conferize popping up saying "Claim your account". *cough*yeah, that's real scary*cough* I've claimed a number of spontaneous accounts last couple of years. Lappy is too crippled to update half the crap that comes in without wiping the hard drive first. Even setting back to default would be a mess because I'd lose a lot of stuff. Guess I'll keep discovering new accounts with my name on them.

I assume the problem with this is that automated account creations use our personal info to chain link ads into and then throw them into a crowd of other automated account creations, and basically bots are sitting in for me so I don't have to do all the work. I wonder if that's why there are so many fake twitter accounts, people neglect to update their software.

It's a 3 patch problem.


Whatever is going on, apparently youtube valiantly saves me from intrusion.


Since there is also a warning about remote users blahblahblah, which I've already noticed happening and I just punch the death button and kill lappy in mid sentence and choose 'start windows normally' later, I guess I'll just keep logging off and shutting down every time I leave the room. I learned a long time ago that odd little things happen when lappy sits around unattended, my first alert usually being a sudden surge in hard drive noise and overheating, so since we all share a vague ethernet, I just nip those little ghosts in the bud. I've caught a few zippy little howdys in the act by diving into user control menus to see what the hell, and basically I just assume at any given moment that someone or something will either bully in and force sharing or quietly peruse their way through the plethora of cookie dough churning out from my activity. We're all one big happy dysfunctional family.

But I'll say it again, just as a reminder, we all know I'm working on a crippled device with expired tech warranty and services, and if I disappear, it all probably crashed. Since I've only got half down on my new glasses, it could be awhile before I could replace my favorite little guy here, but I suppose I could drag myself over to @bonenado's desktop computer and disgustedly crank my way through his personalized settings.

Me (the blogger) and my laptop irl.