Autism Awareness month is coming up. Some of us are a little burned out, so here is a diversion post to soothe the intensity a bit. Disclaimer- I am #actuallyautistic, see dx.
I'ma power point since I've already submitted an article and did a bit of research. Don't know about y'all, but I go straight to work before coffee and then I play while my brain winds down, and I'm perilously close to the winding down part. Here are some things in my field of interest this week.
- My physical therapist has DPT after her name. I >looked that up<. "By 2020, physical therapy will be provided by physical therapists who are doctors of physical therapy, recognized by consumers and other health care professionals as the practitioners of choice to whom consumers have direct access for the diagnosis of, interventions for, and prevention of impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities related to movement, function, and health." I'm very much looking forward to this. Also, I'm seeing some fabulous results this month, and will hopefully soon graduate out of physical therapy into monthly maintenance at a massage place she recommended.
- My nails are shredded. Oh, it was a good plan, and it lasted about 2 weeks, and after that I went to town picking my nails. The damage is now about half grown out.
- This is my fave Ben interview and I need nothing else. I love how forthfully he spewed his real feels. Don't worry, I still love the fandom. Fans save me in the long, dark nights. Well, except I'm sleeping now...
- Nice CPAP lead-in, lol. In the last 2 weeks I've scored above 80% on my sleep score 8 times, above 90 five of those times, and even hit 100 once. This is the most I've slept in 2 decades. My brain is coming super on, and I'm loving it.
- I'm raking in the punkins now on Mo Creatures. Pumpkins = currency, they're a cash crop. Some of us are building absolutely huge farms with thousands of punkins that we can collect for a penny apiece, and one player boasted $22 per haul. Minecraft stats say I've chopped over 48K punkins, which relates to $480 so far. I've also been making a little bit of a mockery of the system... slain by brian
I gently mock to remind us all that 1- we are real people under all our diagnoses (or whatever we're hiding), 2- it's ok to take breaks from intensity, and 3- we all need to allow ourselves and each other to have a good day, week, month, year. I understand needing to dig out and unload because I've been there, the need to share and heal because I've done it and it works, and the need to connect vs the dread of over connecting, because it's a bit draining, and not just on auties. We do need to give NTs credit for putting up with us. I normally don't like labeling anyone as neurotypical because I feel that has become demeaning in its own way (auties mocking NTs isn't pretty, guys), so let's just all be humans together and go play some minecraft, or whatever you like doing.
There are things I can say to her that I can't seem to share with anyone else. Yesterday was a really good day.