-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero, this blog is PinkyGuerrero, ongoing continuation at blogs Pinky & Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

embracing my sea

click for more hipster Jon
So this new BP med actually has a strong "nightmares" notation because it crosses the blood-brain barrier. So far they're not actually nightmares, but the dreams are extremely vivid. Last night I was in Mo Creatures running around (literally, in the game), and I paused by one particular very large wall face that happened when admin moved one of my claims from Haven to Valhalla, beautifully flat and tall and perfectly placed for a mural, and then the whole dream turned into Jon Snow discovering cement (imagine how thrilling GoT would be if it could be LARPed out in 3D minecraft) and Sansa wrangling with whether to have her men dig deep shafts to periodically throw someone into with a load of cement. Like Lord Baelish.

Ok, that was fun, accidentally published this already. Fumble finger hit tab and next thing you know I was ripping through the schedule widget without realizing it. Those of you who get emails, sorry about that. Live blogging.


So Bae is a creepy guy. When I got to the part about putting him in cement, I was actually jumping in with pointers on how to maximize one's cement shafting pleasures and showing Sansa how to use mode 3 (spectator) to float through the cement and see the bodies. We can't really use mode 3 on Mo Creatures, but we aren't leveled up for cement, either, so it was a really exciting dream. I was kinda sad when I woke up.


I've been having some fun with extra joint pain all over my body this year, especially feet, and last night one of my feet ramped up into #alltheattention, and then I remembered having eaten a can of tuna, which I rarely do. Ah-HA! I think I can put a finger on the problem now. If you guys don't know the gout diet, there you go. My dad is a very healthy Mennonite and still gets gout really bad, and we had to really sit on him one year to stop eating so much purine rich food. I've completely stopped sending him smoked salmon for Christmas, which makes him sad. Anyway, apparently I'm genetically predisposed and extremely dependent on dairy for my protein intake, and when I deviate into enjoying beef and fish, I sometimes hurt all over. There's nothing I can do about it, and I know better. And yesterday I ate a can of tuna. My bad. But at least now I have some kind of clue why 2017 has been a bit suckier.

I wanna thank a couple people who kept me from totally freaking out yesterday about my kid and her kid being right in the middle of Houston. I managed to get through the weekend ok (my blood pressure was off the wall) and even got through Monday in fairly good shape, but yesterday I maxed out and hit the ol' wall like a bug, splatting my upsettedness around. I personally know a couple of people who've completely lost homes, know a number more who are either displaced or hanging tough swimming around their houses, and having been around a few neighborhoods down there in person, it's really hard to watch it on TV without eventually being knocked over with the fact that it will never be the same again. Even though all those people are actually ok and safe, their homes are ruined and their lives will be upside down the rest of the year, maybe much longer. When your bank and post office and work are all under water, what do you do? When your power is out and there is no plumbing and you can't just hop in your car and fill up with gas, what do you do? It'll be a long time before all that gets back to normal.

I don't know how, because in years and storms past my kiddo's house has had water lap up to the door and knock (hi, may I come in?), but this year they are somehow in the middle of a very small dry patch and even still have power. HOW? I don't know. But we all know that doesn't mean everything is fine and dandy. Schools are out, work is flooded, power could still go out any time, mosquitoes are about to become a huge problem, and all the spiders and snakes are probably finding their way to the little island they're on, doesn't that sound fun.

Need to get my focus back on. I'm with you in my heart.