-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero, this blog is PinkyGuerrero, ongoing continuation at blogs Pinky & Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Sunday, August 27, 2017

THIS is why stats are cool


Once in awhile I get a real referral link showing up that either doesn't care if they're anonymous or are simply unaware it exists as an option, and today I got hit from a daum.net (Korea) search "i'm wondering how you are", and this old post of mine (next pic) shows up in a list of other posts that are actually pretty cool (looks like I was on page 6, but still in the top 100 worldwide for such a vague search), so I'm going to share a few of the ones on page 6 with me. Each snip clicks to the original post it came from.




You can see why I love synchronicity. An algorithm sprung to life from one human brain typing words into a search bar, and next thing you know, my brain is sandwiched between other brains sharing cool things. I would probably have never seen these other people or known their lives but for this one person using a Korean search engine (the hit came from inside the U.S., so I'm wondering if someone is feeling displaced and very lonely, I'm in a huge college area), and like magic, we are all part of each other now.

Let's skip a few now, this one really caught my attention further down the page. I'm very moved that this is a real thing no matter what country we live in or where we go.


This title. 😁


I love my stats. I love seeing where my view hits come from, love seeing into other souls searching through the long days and dark nights for something that feels real and helps make getting through another day a little easier. We're all out here, together in this invisible soup of radio waves and satellite pings. We see each other through a mirror, darkly. We don't see other people watching us, unless we check our stats.

I love my stats. I love that real people find me when I feel lost.

Great, now we need something gooey here. I'm not really feeling gooey. Oh, here we go.