-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero, this blog is PinkyGuerrero, ongoing continuation at blogs Pinky & Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Friday, June 23, 2017

the marble arch

I stopped today to hold a flower,
And the world blew past me.

I sat awhile to watch the sky,
And the world didn't even notice.

I forgot to eat, forgot lots of things,
And the world didn't care.

I grew still as glass and faded from view,
And the world was oblivious.

I didn't join the happy people,
And the world didn't ask why.

Today there were frogs in my house, fireworks in my yard, lots of scary rain blowing electricity out, blurs of noises and activities and busyness,
And I didn't ask the world to stop for me.

I don't know how.


I think this last verse was left off-

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though
It all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah