-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero, this blog is PinkyGuerrero, ongoing continuation at blogs Pinky & Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

kid of the corn


That scarecrow is in a neighbor's garden practically on the street. This is the view I get every time I pop around a curve driving home. The first week was very disturbing, I thought it was a real little girl.

This is after I pass it.


Since my neighborhood has been weirdly and very staunchly anti-Halloween the last few years, I'm pleased to see it getting creepy around here again, even if it's unintentional.

Was also a big summer for butterflies. I've been a very lazy pic taker this year or you'd have known that already.


This is Bunny betending to have a broken foot one day after school. I was very tired and she let me lay around while her cartoons were on. She cracks me up.


Not a good sign when the doctor gets distracted by a TV set.


I like doing 'research' on my phone when we settle into TV, which comes after an exciting hour of running in from school and putting play clothes on and washing our hands and cooking real food for Papa's supper.


I've always harbored a personal distaste for Mickey, and srsly, it's the ear perspective thing, but the rest of them are ok. I'm an avid Darkwing Duck fan, and I'm pretty sure I saw every ep of the original Duck Tales when my kid was up and coming. I'm noticing, though, that Daisy seems especially helpless quite a lot nowadays, and alpha female Minnie has all the answers, and if she fails, Mickey is the ultimate fixer of everything that goes horribly wrong. You wouldn't believe the articles out there that must've taken hours to write up about Mickey, and I think basically the parents go insane from children's programming and have to vent and get their balance back. I'm not doing well at all with Nick Jr. and Disney Jr., it's affecting my IQ, and definitely affecting my work output. Pure mush up here behind my eyeballs.


Actually, my brain is more 'on' than ever, probably thanks to the CPAP and getting my meds figured out, and I've lately gotten into detailing character development in a couple of sideline novels. I've been rotating 5 working titles this summer, 2 of which (as I've mentioned) are already contracted, and I'm finally getting the hang of our latest new routine which allows me about 2 hours a day to work on whatever I please that isn't chores or physical therapy or anything necessary for the smooth running of my household. Sometimes it's less than that, but I think I can usually count on about 2 hours a day.

Today I'm blowing some of it on blogging a little. What's fascinating is looking back and really seeing how far I've come. 5 years ago one blog post had to be meticulously planned out because my memory was so shockingly bad that I could barely carry through paragraph construction over several hours (some posts would take a whole week), and now I slap stuff out so easily that I rarely even rewrite. So, big plus on the ol' brain healing thing.

Still, I'm spacing out quite a lot, and I'm not sure if it's an overload thing (autism) or a necessary halt and let everything catch up thing with real time nutrition and hydration and other needs, and I can definitely tell when I screw that up with the wrong food. I'm so hypersensitive to my blood sugar level now that I can usually tell you the number before I ever do a glucose strip test. My brain fries hard and fast if I go over 140, and it takes very little to do that. Pain meds make it exponentially worse, which is why I got back off them this year. I learned a long time ago how not to self sabotage with food, but this year got pretty challenging with the med fails.

Anyway, me touching base, and I wanna mention that Barry was a fun inspiration this week. I love this. 😁 This clicks back to source.


#amwriting