-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero, this blog is PinkyGuerrero, ongoing continuation at blogs Pinky & Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Monday, October 2, 2017

on being actually actual

click for an unbelievable variety of tutorials on Halloween lips
While I was off the game server for 6 days last week, I went a little deep for distraction. It always starts with wandering through search phrases, and I wound up in Yablo land, one of my fave places. These snips click to the pages.

I love reading logic write-ups. I've been thinking about stuff like this since I was a preteen. Does what we think create our world? Does it even matter what we think?


This next click is worth the read if you have the time and want to chew a little gristle.


I was so happy to find this. Being serious.

click for an excellent book review
Click on this next pic to get the actual book.


Also available from Barnes and Noble.

This next click is so perfect for the autism debates I see on twitter.


Another interesting reaction to that- Crimson Brain, Red Mind: Yablo on Mental Causation

A really good think piece- Does Ontology Rest on a Mistake?

Autism advocates discussing the setbacks of ableism might be interested in this book- "Things is a collection of twelve essays by Stephen Yablo on metaphysics. He examines a range of first-order topics, including identity, coincidence, essence, causation, and properties. Some first-order debates are not worth pursuing, he argues: there is nothing at issue in them. Several of the papers explore the metaontology of abstract objects, and more generally of objects that are 'preconceived', their principal features being settled already by their job-descriptions. He rejects standard forms of fictionalism, opting ultimately for a view that puts presupposition in the role normally played by pretense. Almost all of Yablo's published work on these topics is collected here, along with the previously unpublished 'Carving Content at the Joints'."

Check out a good interview at Only a Game: Yablo on fictionalism.

And if you still haven't had enough, try this one- Yablo on God.

Side note for YabloVH followers on Mo Creatures- I am NOT this Yablo in WoW. Interesting that person has pink hair. I am also NOT Commander Yablo.

Need a break? This is the wallpaper on my phone now. Click it to go find autumn wallpaper for your phone.


Oh, I might also be related somehow to Matt Groening. Click the snip for the full interview.


For whoever made it this far and needs a really real break, here you go. I need to get busy.