-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero, this blog is PinkyGuerrero, ongoing continuation at blogs Pinky & Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Monday, March 19, 2018

auto accounted, but I'm ok with it this time

One of the drawbacks of using CPAP is how nearly impossible it is to go to sleep when you feel sad enough for a few tears to leak out. It's doesn't take much damp at all to make the mask difficult to seal, plus the way it rubs after that till skin feels a little raw. Trying to wipe my eyes before a tear gets away winds up with me poking my eye half out or something. I never really run into people talking about eye injuries from maneuvering around CPAP when a few tears need to roll out. I nearly destroyed my right eye one night with my finger coming in from a different angle in the dark.

I live with PTSD triggers that come out of the blue. It's usually not too bad, but sometimes a little misunderstanding makes it worse and then I'm miserable inside because I'm too autistic to spill my junk out right, so it comes out crooked and no one ever knows what to say, and then I wind up being all alone in the night because everyone I know is in bed or miserable themselves or busy enjoying a night up. So I try to lay there and wind up becoming too aware of the way my heart thumps, and that only makes things worse. I didn't want to get up, but Jawn is my only friend right now because I have no idea how to be friends right when I'm like this.

I already had a bit of a headache, probably from allergies, so of course that's worse now, too, and I don't want to eat or play a game or read, and I'm really tired of youtube.

Actually, speaking of youtube, I was doing more research on Dresti and plunged into the really old stuff from the 90s the other day, creepy cool. That's actually distracting me nicely, so here we go. And of course I have to fix the embed because blogger automatically cuts off the playlist nowadays unless I literally paste it in a certain way.




And it gets creepier when you see something like this on facebook. Not a clue if he really owns that FB account, but this is still a little off the wall. This relationship status throws a shadow of suspect on it really being him, so it's up in the air whether someone else checked him in here or made it up.


And then this friend post is kind of out there, when I looked that guy up I decided maybe the entire FB account is a pipe dream, especially after I looked up that guy's FB.

Anyway, it's actually really fun trying to dredge up actual history because it's just not that obvious. Wikipedia is pretty good but then just drops off, then Dresti fell off the earth (there's basically nothing after 2010 even on Gagapedia), so I decided to just really dig into all the old stuff and I've about decided he's probably rolling in royalties somewhere and still working behind some things as producer. I think he was way ahead of his time and probably set a few new directions for others to follow in the music industry, and apparently was quite up to the task of helping chauffeur (DJ) Lady Gaga around her first world tour. There's a myspace, but like everything else, it just dead ends.

Oh, Gagapedia auto created a profile page for me, lol. It grabbed my Enjin info. Also very interesting is that it's got a built in live chat. I could hang out there yapping away, if I ever remember it exists.


K, hold the phone, there might be more after 2010 on this trackitdown page. Only problem is, there is another Space Cowboy out there now, so until I go through all that, I don't know it's all Dresti, but there are two with a 2017 release dates, so I'm very happy. Looks like he's gone trance, which I love.

All right, here we go, a more up to date search field. And then on to Veneccio, yay! Srsly, I really had to super dig just to keep this trail going. “Venaccio, hailing from the United States, serves up a beautiful trance track with Space Cowboy. With one of the most awe inspiring riffs in a while, Space Cowboy straightly takes you away on a journey through the galaxy while being grounded in a club driven bassline that will keep you going.”

And from there to Beatport, so all kinds of newer stuff, huzzah! STOP. That looks like a different guy. I'd be disappointed but the music is still good. How many people call themselves Space Cowboy? Dang it.

See what I mean? Difficult.

OH. Nicolas Dresti's credits at ALLMUSIC. He's still composing.
And here is MusicBrainz. And I found DJChrome.

So wikidata says this is his FB page. Pretty sure it's official. Someone commenting on this post mentions he has a daughter.

Songkick has old tour dates.

Ok, I think I can go to bed and straight to sleep now. Took 2 hours, but I'm good now.