-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero, this blog is PinkyGuerrero, ongoing continuation at blogs Pinky & Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Bohemian frappe soda, spare me this life from this monstrosity



I've played around comparing the new https against the old http on blogger and the only thing so far that I can see being completely stopped from loading by https is my Pinky Press Review widget in the right side column. May have to spend a little time later looking at the paper.li coding and see whether it's fixable. Paper.li is outside the U.S., no idea if they'll work on google compliance or not. Google is doing everything in its power to work with international laws and firewalls to smooth out all the wrinkles across all the search engine inhibitions. ~Pinky approves.~ I have just flipped the https switch. Not sure if this is related, but I need to see if it affects the 500+ views I've suddenly gotten in the last 48 hours, which I'm having a hard time believing are legit. This doesn't say it stops bots from apps and crawlers on my end, but it can't hurt to experiment. I went through my GWT, Google analytics, statcounter, and the blogger stats, and less than 10% show up as bots, but still, that's just a pretty big number alla sudden.

"There are three main benefits to using HTTPS instead of HTTP to access your blog:
  • It helps check that your visitors open the correct website and aren’t being redirected to a malicious site.
  • It helps detect if an attacker tries to change any data sent from Blogger to the visitor.
  • It adds security measures that make it harder for other people to listen to your visitors’ conversations, track their activities, or steal their information.
"

In the meantime, my last blood pressure reading was 117/71, and while my doctor would be ecstatic, I just felt super wiped out yesterday. I'm sure part of it was chronic fatigue kicking in really hard after physical therapy. I don't know if allergy season has taken that much out of me or what, really wasn't aware how bad the exhaustion had gotten. No wonder I haven't been producing other content. Does't mean I haven't been busy, though. Here's the construction site a couple days ago. Ignore the scaffolding.



We've been doing mob experiments in multiplayer, sadly frustrated at how stymied we are over spawner control. I run into forums where other people have also tried to move spawners to no avail. I'm not wanting to farm mobs or anything, just think it would look hella cool to use a torched off spider spawner as a beacon light on top of a black roof high up on a mountain. Oh, well, maybe I'll do something with redstone power instead. In the meantime, may as well play with the spawners where they are when we find them.



Oh, hadn't checked this last week, the sound came through. I've been trying for months to get sound and this one did and I don't even know how. Don't worry, it's super short. We laughed our heads off at this guy's awesome footwear.



I've gotta get outa here, psyche guy appointment. Might mix it up today. Wonder what would happen if we psyche analyze minecraft and sex...