-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero, this blog is PinkyGuerrero, ongoing continuation at blogs Pinky & Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Sunday, September 18, 2016

How many days?

Day 1153: Coffee never tasted so good...

I love looking up random calendar countdowns. This morning I put into a search bar how many days has it been since July 23, 2013 and it took me straight to the answer from a countdown app.

Nasty ear pain in a 3 year old at 1 a.m. when we're a meemaw and a papa is vastly different from nasty ear pain in a 3 year old at 1 a.m. when we were simply the parents. Since neither one of us slept much the first night (did my 2 hours even count?), we were both in such a daze that we sort of just *pat pat* there there like Sheldon Coooper. I barely recall even picking her up but I do remember wondering how she got there because she started out on a blanket on the floor watching the puppy show again (I can not only quote that entire movie in voice character by now, but also translate everything dogese because I've heard the mightnight bark so many times), and Papa couldn't even wake up enough to stand up out of bed and 'helped' me by moving a pillow a few inches a couple of times. He's usually the one who comes wide awake sprinting up stairs kind of guy when our own kids were growing up, and I never slept back then, so last night was pretty comical. Well, not for Bunny, but you know what I mean. A little bit of ibuprofen goes a long way into awesome, though, so we all actually conked through the rest of the night and even slept in till 6 a.m. Laugh all you want, but that is luxurious in this household.

Anyway, it's been 1153 days since our first Bunny bomb, a preemie commandeering her way into the world on my 5th day of surgery recovery, and I loaded up on the last of some really old valium I'd been scripted strictly for a procedure and floated around a hospital all day. My entire recovery plan has pretty much revolved around getting healthier so I can handle helping with this kiddo, and I am wildly excited at being able to rise to this challenge. Well, in a wobbling over my keyboard sipping coffee kind of way.

I think our visit is going to end with Papa taking Bunny in to urgent care this morning and then Bunny will probably go home with her mama from there. I'm not sure yet if I'll be going, but right now we're more in the likely not part of the percentage projections. ~ten minutes later~ Ok, definitely not. Papa says I'm staying home. He's a good Papa, he knows how to take care of all his women, from tiny to ancient of days.

It's really rare for @bonenado and I to see a sunrise together. This is 6:52 a.m. at my house today.