-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero, this blog is PinkyGuerrero, ongoing continuation at blogs Pinky & Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Friday, July 22, 2016

this is me not fighting on Reddit

yesterday

So I'm coming out of a negative spoon slug haze waking up from #napclub after going to an appointment and running errands and doing my grocery shopping in 104 heat index and the very first thought that hit my brain was someone on Reddit called me a blog spammer last week, because I posted *a* link.

Here is my comeback, because it takes aspienado forever to process, interpret, and respond- It's blog*whore*, nidiot. No upvotes for you!

Now I want the mug.


today

Was I complaining about sleeping too much? +_+ Kinda want that back... 3 a.m. feels way too early on a day where we might be up till nearly midnight with a very hyper birthday Bunny.

I am loving all these new adult coloring books. First The Bloggess announced hers, and it's really awesome, and now Lisa Frank. I don't care what anyone says about 2016 being awful, this is the year of the really cool coloring books. Plus the ones we already got from sploit!!! Latest one Lord of the Rings for @bonenado's birthday on Sunday. He also got a time machine...



I'm losing track, but we are good for coloring books. I may need those to get me through the holiday season without cracking this year. Oh, and let's not forget the new Harry Potter book.

I've decided I'm making a small pan of brownies today. I'll have cake around me all weekend and a single serve nacho binge won't feel like retribution. In case you're new, I'm allergic to wheat (yes, actually, among other things), and even though I've gone 5 years now without guacamole and lemon pie and nuts or peanuts of any kind and at least 2 years since I had to let go of pasta and pizza and sandwiches, it's still a little difficult being around cake. Nothing else bothers me. I can waltz through a restaurant and never once feel phased or envious, and I very rarely mourn or wallow about not getting to eat an old favorite something when I'm grocery shopping, but this weekend I may need to buckle under and allow a rice flour chocolate treat so meemaw won't get crabby and go to the dark side. Besides, it's easy to portion out and calorie count brownies. I'm really good with it and I trust myself.

Btw, I use Hershey's 'best brownies' recipe from their Chocolate Treasury cookbook (1989), and seriously, everyone says it turns out better with King Arthur gluten free flour than regular flour, more fudgey with a crusty top, and no worries about xantham gum, those other flours don't work right.


Since that recipe is different from the other 'best brownies' recipes they have online, I'll write it down here.

Blend 1/2 c oil or melted butter (I use olive oil), 1 c sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla. Add 2 eggs, blend well (I use a spoon, works just fine). Combine 1/2 c flour, 1/3 c cocoa, 1/4 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt, blend into egg mixture.

Bake at 350 in 9-inch square pan for 20 minutes.

Rice flours generally don't work well for me in baked goods, so I've pretty much stopped baking sweets at all (which makes controlling my diabetes way easier), but that brownie recipe is a great fallback for just in case.

Heat advisory has been ramped up to excessive heat warning, 110 heat index through Sunday. After today, I don't plan on leaving the house at all. I've gotta pick up Bunny's cake around 10 and then pick her up around noonish maybe. Papa will be the one taking her up to the pool and swinging outside and stuff. I'm sure they'll melt. I have a freezer full of freezy pops and a big bag of ice cold grapes, plus we already have some homemade ice cream. The recipe for that is super easy, especially if you've got an electric freezer.

Stir together 1/2 pint whipping cream, 2 cans evaporated milk, 1 c sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and then I crush in one strip of oreo Double Stuf cookies, follow the directions on the electric freezer, then pour off into little containers and put into your freezer.

My side of a convo with Kai yesterday about Austin Powers, my pegasus on minecraft.







Chenopods are finally noted on pollen.com for my area. That's thistle. Lotta thistle around here.

OH, I need some Benspiration this morning. Yes, ~blogwhore~.