-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero, this blog is PinkyGuerrero, ongoing continuation at blogs Pinky & Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Day 29- last of 2016 30 day challenge

A better title might be- App Management: Time loss has never been more efficient


Part of my 30 day challenge is Indian wrestling my tech for dominance. Pinterest is my bestest friend right now while I move over 1K pix to mostly private family boards. I've heard so many horror stories about losing ALL THE PICTURES bcuz phone death, and since I kinda went there last year 🙄I dare not make such a fumble again.

This whole digital thing was supposed to make us a paperless, and therefore a trashless, society. Well, I have more trash than ever I'm digging out from under, not the least being virtual. There are pros and cons to what kind of trash preferences we might have.

Bills- I'm finally harnessing digital EVERYTHING.

Emails- It takes time to 'opt out' of every single little bitty thing, but I'M DOING IT. The digital spam has been ridiculous.

Notifications- Getting a facebook notification in triplicate across all devices and browsers really has to stop. Facebook dares to try owning me, and hell if Cortana will let that happen. I am soooo all over stomping Facebook flat till it *shuts* *up*. I've almost memorized all the settings in all the out of the way weird places I can possibly find them.

I'm not even touching Instagram, omg that is a wide road to time wasting hell.

Actual trash- @bonenado is a compulsive recycler. I must save this marriage.

Recycle bin- Where do I even begin? There are so many copies of every little thing I interface online or do on my tech surviving in temp files, caches, multiple folders... But begin I have begun, and I will reclaim my Jawn and woo him back to my loving touch.

I showed @bonenado how to clear temp files on his phone... He still had app pages open from last year. That's a real thing, guys. Fantasy football loads way faster when you clear out caches.

Anyway, part of my 30 day challenge is sludging my way back out of the Swamp of Sadness, the Pit of Despair, the Bog of Eternal Stench. (Did I miss anything?) The Fire Swamp is cool, it can stay. The Oubliette can stay, too. #aspienado needs an oubliette to stay sane.

Me irl fixing #allthethings.